|Location||5 Binnington Court, Kingston, ON, K7M 8N3, Canada|
|Date Posted||January 7, 2019|
|$||$22-$30/hour based on experience|
|Education Level||High School|
|Education Credential||310T Truck and Coach Technician License|
|Certifications||WHMIS, Health and Safety, Working at Heights|
Heavy/Light Duty Mechanic (Field & Shop)
Reports to: General Manager
The prime objective of the Equipment Mechanic is to ensure vehicle and equipment fleet is in top operating condition and available for daily use. Maintenance and repairs will be performed at the shop and in the field.
- Inspect equipment and diagnose to identify necessary repairs and maintenance;
- Identify practical fixes to effectively service and repair equipment ensuring proper operating condition for daily use;
- Setup and maintain shop with sufficient tools and supplies for efficient daily operation;
- Proactively identify work that is required, and communicate with supervisor regarding work plan;
- Complete all paperwork on a timely basis;
- Maintain a clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment;
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and equipment related safety requirements;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
Key Attributes Required:
- High degree of mechanical aptitude – able to diagnose problems and identify practical fixes;
Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Takes pride in work;
- Interested in learning new things and can retain and apply knowledge in different contexts;
- Comfortable juggling multiple and changing priorities - works well under pressure;
- Looks for the most efficient and effective way to do things;
Works well with others;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Customer service excellence when dealing with customers/colleagues.
- Working at Heights;
- Worker Health and Safety Training;
- 310T Truck and Coach Technician License.
Notes & Comments
Must supply all trade specific tools.